Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I CAN'T...

I can't comprehend someone not believing in Jesus Christ. Yes, I have been raised in "Church" my whole life. I don't even think I've missed more than 100 Sunday services in my life thus far. Here is where I begin this lil blurp. I was blog stalking and decided to click on random names to see where it may take me. However I wasn't prepared for the particular post on this completely random blog I'd made my way too. It was basically a major blow to people who believe in Jesus Christ. However, there are many types of religions that claim to be of the Christian descent but are not. Be careful. It just got me thinking…

When people CHOOSE not to believe in Christ.. they are in fact choosing their eternal destination.

When someone chooses not too I think of the Why's. (Just f.y.i. the Bible has NEVER been proven false. If you don't believe me... go purchase the book The Case for Christ written by Lee Strobel)Perhaps they haven’t heard how AWESOME He is. Maybe they had a horrible experience with a totally insensitive person. Maybe a family member told them to “BURN OR TURN”. Whatever the case may be, that is an individual’s actions, that is now affecting your eternal destination. My faith became my own when I was 13yrs old. I had enough life proof all around me and I’m thankful that I’ve always been able to see the Glory that only God Himself could have created. So, the blog post through me off. Just like Esther’s desire to save her people from death. I think to myself, “Self, these are you people.” Woah! Excuse me?! Who are my people, “Everyone that you come in contact with, Jessica.” What?! Holy Junk, That’s a true statement. I’ve never been one to talk to a random person about my faith. It scares me. Actually it terrifies me. My great grandfather used to ask EVERYONE, “Do you know where you would go if you died today?” I would cringe inside and out. Every time he was with us. But now I look back and I pray to God that one day I can have that strength to ask a complete stranger do you know where you would go if you were to die today.

I know that the “mystery” post on the “mystery” blog was found for a reason tonight. I encourage those who have put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone (No actions can save you, No chants, No "good behavior". etc.) to challenge yourself to being more open and upfront with your faith. If anyone hasn't put their faith and trust into a relationship with Jesus Christ I challenge you to give the relationship a fighting chance. Don't close the door right away.

Romans 10:14-15
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

No comments: