Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today is a day.

Question? Why does it seem like the best sleep is happening to you right when you need to wake up? I am pretty sure I hit the snooze button 25 times this morning before I actually got out of bed.

I got to come out to Integrity today to hear Jeff lead worship for the Spring Break class this afternoon. He lead both sessions today and even though I wasn't here for the morning service I am so proud of all his work for this afternoon. Something that many people don't realize about worship leaders is how much work they put (should) into their song decisions. Jeff constantly pours his heart into his preparation any time he leads worship. I know this because I lose him for a few hours as he prepares. He removes himself from his surroundings and truly focuses on the words of the songs he chooses. I realized today as he lead that is a reason why I'm so proud of him. Also, I'm so thankful that my child will be raised by a Dad who spends that much time truly preparing for leading people to worship our GREAT King. While I was in the class a question was brought up.. Would you die for what you talked about over lunch? Well that was also transitioned into would you die for the songs your singing, writing, etc. Makes you think eh?

Kathryn Scott's Song We Still Believe

I feel like I've been on both sides of this song. I will continue in someway or form to always be on each side of these cries.

I'll die for the truth behind this song.

No comments: