Friday, July 4, 2008

four









OH yeah.. went to Boone Hall this morning. Above is NOT my picture. I'll be uploading those soon hopefully. But Wow it was so pretty. We are having a great time. At 7 a.m. this morning we were up moving around and getting ready. We arrived at Boone Hall at 8:45 they open at 8:30 so I was able to get my own really great shots of the trees leading up to the plantation. Pretty famous. Three movies were filmed there, North and South, The NOTEBOOK!!! and Queen. We toured the house after we went into the Butterfly House. Then we went on the trolley and rode around over 700 acres at one time the Boone Hall Plantation was over 4800 acres!!! HOLY CRAP it once sold for $55,000!!! Oh I really wish I could find a great plantation for $55k gosh. Oh the good ole days. Ha! Anyways, visiting Papa has been really great. However its actually been really depressing. He was involved in a chemical spill years before I was born.. he used to run miles and miles a day so he would naturally detox his body. Now that he is older and he injured his hip he can't run anymore. He is on lots of medicines which cause him to be SUPER nervous. The once laughing, joking, always smiling grandpa I knew is no more. I fight tears back as I look at Papa and don't actually "see" him anymore. It breaks my heart but I love him no less. He paces the floor and lays down like 20 times a day. I know he can doesn't have alot of control over himself, I personally think thats why he is anxious/nervous all the time. Anyways.. enough of that.. getting to sad typing about it. I know am fighting away the horrible smoking smell that is up my nose as I type. Now there are 2 smokers in the house and I have one room that I can hide in!!!! Pray that I don't have an attack. Any time I've been in a smoking house for more than 2 days.. I end up in the hospital. I miss my husband and my bed. But I wouldn't trade this for anything. I love my family..... which brings me to another depressing thing about this weekend... salvation.. are they even saved? My dad and I constantly bring it up but it seems as though its a none issue... pray for that too. I'll show you my pictures later. Happy 4th of July by the way!












1 comment:

amy (metz) walker said...

Wow, that's really cool that you went to the place where they filmed The Notebook...and that is unbelievable that they sold that many acres for $55K!!!